Getting discounted on-bus fares - made simpler!
For several years, the pink BROOKESkey allowed Brookes University students and staff to obtain discounts on city services and X90 coaches between Oxford and London.
From 1st September 2018, we’re making this simpler for you - Oxford Brookes students and staff should use their University photo ID to obtain on-bus discounted fares on our city services and the X90 Oxford to London coach service. All you need to do is show your valid student or staff card to the driver. You will no longer be able to use your BROOKESkey in this way after 30th November 2018.
Please note that if your University student/staff card does not include your photo, then you will need to get it updated. Please visit the Oxford Brookes IT Helpdesk for more information on how to do this.If you use pre-loaded products, including free student travel, then there will be no change to how you use your BROOKESkey on the bus - just continue to touch and go.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org on 01865 785400. You can also contact the Oxford Brookes University transport team at email@example.com on 01865 484647.
Timetable and route changes
- BROOKESbusU4 service will be withdrawn due to minimal use.
- BROOKESbusU5 service will be increased in frequency during semester daytimes, providing more flexible journeys.
- BROOKESbusU5X and BROOKESbusU1X will also be withdrawn. This is due to the gradual relocation of classes and accommodation out of the Wheatley site, and the fact that the "express" nature of the BROOKESbusU1X was difficult to meet with the Oxford's heaving traffic. As a result, passengers who previously used the BROOKESbusU5X service to travel directly from the Hollow Way or Slade Park area to Wheatley will be advised to use a BROOKESbusU5 and change onto a BROOKESbusU1 at Gipsy Lane.
The timetables are now available to view online (see below)!
Semester timetables 2018/2019
- 15th September 2018 - 21st December 2018
- 19th January 2019 - 14th April 2019
- 27th April 2019 - 19th May 2019
Vacation timetables 2018/2019
- 22nd December 2018 - 18th January 2019
- 15th April 2019 - 26th April 2019
- 20th May 2019 - 13th September 2019